What is the purpose of this feature?
"Registrations" feature allows to keep connection registered on the vendor end. In other words, it is a possibility to register Sippy Environment on account of your vendor as device/UA. The main purpose of this action is connected with impossibility of some vendors to pass traffic through the unregistered SIP Account on their end.
- if DID provider requires UA registration for end point device;
- if customer uses some external PBX, and wants to configure it to work with Sippy;
What should be done in the Sippy SoftSwitch to configure registration properly?
1. Create the appropriate Vendor & Connection;
2. Specify Username/Password in the connection properties for the digest authorization;
3. Open "Registrations" page;
4. Click Add button;
5. Specify in the new "Registration" your Vendor & Connection that was created above;
- Name - name of carrier;
- Description - some notes for the new entry;
- Vendor - vendor which is going to be associated with the registration;
- Contact - username from connection and IP of Sippy system, e.g : sip:firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Domain - sip address (IP or domain name) of the vendor;
- Connection - connection that is associated with this registration;
- Username - username from connection;
How much time does it take to get my connection registered?
Expiry of the registration : 180 seconds (hard-coded)
How to identify that registration was made successfully?
When you see a green lamp instead of yellow, then it means that your registration has been successfully established:
In case of red lamp, please check if your credentials in the connection properties are correct.